Katie's Book Blog was created in January 2009. After spending months checking out other young adult book blogs I decided it was past time I created my own. Since then I have fallen in love with the blogging community and I don't know where I would be without the wonderful friends I have made over the past two years. You can expect Katie's Book Blog to be around for many years to come.
I'm Katie. (I bet you never would have guessed that!) I'm a twenty-year-old college student living in Colorado with my parents, older brother, and a very cute old dog named Penny!
I am probably one of the only book bloggers who has no interest in becoming a writer. Instead I want to work in publishing and do all I can to get other book blogger's books published (hehe). My passion is definitely more for reading the books and forcing others to read them too. =)
Random facts about me:
- My favorite book growing up was Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine. It is still one of my favorites but not at the top of the list anymore.
- My favorite genres to read are: dystopian, contemporary, and historical!
- My favorite movies are: all Pirates of the Carribean, all Harry Potter, all X-Men, Iron Man 1&2, any superhero movies really, all Fast and Furious movies, and The Proposal (random, I know)!
- When I was two-years-old I was bitten by a brown recluse spider and though I have no memory of it, I am terrified of spiders to this day. (And snakes but don't ask why!)
- My favorite food is macaroni and cheese. I will eat macaroni and cheese from any place but I especially love Panera's.
- I listen to any and all kinds of music but some of my favorite bands are Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown, Three Days Grace, and as of recently, Christina Perri!
- I think Johnny Depp is extremely hot even though he is old enough to be my dad. =P
If you would like to know more about me or if you have a question please feel free to leave a comment or email me at katieb206 at gmail dot com.